Anonymous said: Sorry to bother you, but I can’t get a useful answer out of search engines, and wasn’t really sure how to find it in your FAQ or Toolbox since it’s a bit of an odd and controversial topic. How can I make the reader love a character in a small amount of time? I want them to be sad and understand the other characters’ pain when the subject opts to be euthanized.
Hey there! Thanks for your question!
I don’t believe that we’ve written anything as of yet on creating a likeable character, but you might check out these posts from our fellow Tumblr writing help bloggers!
- keyboardsmashwriters: Make Your Reader Root for Your Main Character
- theroadpavedwithwords: Writing Believable Characters
- theroadpavedwithwords: The Basics of Creating a Likeable Character
- theroadpavedwithwords: Making Your Readers Identify with Your Characters
- writingbox: How to Make Your Reader Fall in Love With Your Characters
- fuckyeahcharacterdevelopment: Likeable Villains
- thewritingcafe: How to Fix Unlikable Characters
- fixyourwritinghabits: Is it possible to write a novel with mostly corrupt, selfish characters and still have readers interested in what happens and the characters?
- krisnoel: Making Your Characters Likeable
As you can see, quite a bit has been written on the subject. And that’s just from Tumblr!